Re: [TowerTalk] Site Elevation and TOA

To: "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>, <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Site Elevation and TOA
From: "John Langdon" <jlangdon1@austin.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 19:16:46 -0500
The verticals suffer more from poor ground conductivity especially at low
radiation angles (Pseudo-Brewster angle etc.) so they seem even better in a
good location, but the yagis and quads do better too, all else being equal.

I believe one of his secrets was that he also had yagi receiving antennas
mounted 'down the mountain' so as to be shielded from the stateside QRM,
plus a few other switching strategies :)!

73 John N5CQ