Re: [TowerTalk] Best Balun

To: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best Balun
From: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 23:30:29 -0500
Another neat trick with a torrid wound  balun.

I  weld a #10-32   1/2  machine screw to a 2" all stainless hose clamp  jus 1"
past the end of the tightening slots.

I then drill a hole in the  4" dead center in the bottom of the NEMA Box/
insert the threaded 10/32 machine screw  in the hole DEAD center of the wound
torid

Instant mounting   all my boom are  2"  but can install what ever size clam you
need .

 Wayne

Ps
  4 yrs ago I had a wind milling antenna... the coax STRECHED  RG-213  ...
ripping the  brad and stretching  the insulation rg8X size  never tor the
center conductor.

the W2FMI build torrid stayed   attached to the boom by the  #10 machine screw
..