Re: [TowerTalk] OT but relevant

To: "Kathy Bookmiller" <wb2aio@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT but relevant
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <aa6dx@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:16:45 -0800
I have had a pacemaker for about 2 years now. I have had it checked, with no problems. I run full legal limit on HF most of the time, and operate 2M and Cell phone with no issues.. about 10 years ago I was helping a fellow ham who had a pacemaker, and an engineer came from Bay Area up to Eureka -- a 5 hour trip each way -- and he ran tests for the most part of a day, at different bands and different power levels, with amp .. no issues found. When I had my implant, I contacted the manufacturer for RFI information, and got to talk to an engineer .. and he said no problem! In the instruction book about the pacemaker it limits the RF power, but the engineer said basically to ignore the warning. So .. go for it !! Had a lot more energy, and was able to do a lot more hammin' !! Now I am recovering from a stroke a year ago, but not having to do with the pacemaker! However, I am told by 3hree doctors to NOT CLIMB TOWERS! But I still have my climbing belt! 73 es 88 -- Mark AA6DX

-----Original Message----- From: Kathy Bookmiller via TowerTalk