Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Lockwasher Comparison

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Lockwasher Comparison
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 11:12:30 -0400
I agree. Over the years, ROHN has tried several approaches and I've tried a few. I even used SS and wished I hadn't. Even with Never Seize after many years, I've had them become one on occasion.

Galvanized bolts are ungraded AFAIK but you don't need grade 8, or even grade 5 in shear. Double galvanized, ungraded are fine and the nuts do come off only when needed. Never forget to use a taper pin punch to enlarge the bolt holes to a snug fit if needed. Never thread the bolts through the hole in the tower leg and never drill them out! (ROHN's instructions)

I've never needed a lubricant, or Never Seize with ROHN nuts and bolts.

73

Roger (K8RI)