Re: [TowerTalk] Capacitor Value for a 160m T antenna

To: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Capacitor Value for a 160m T antenna
From: Guy Olinger <k2av@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 16:19:49 -0500
I use a neat little program called HamIC, which has a stack of little
calculators, including an L network calculator.

See http://www.sweetscape.com/hamic/

Having an inductive reactance below 50 ohms is helpful. Lends itself to
solution with capacitive voltage divider.

At 1.83 MHz

Series cap of (x=-152) 572 pF. Use anything 500-600 pF TX doorknob.

Cap to ground on antenna side of (x=-1500) 58 pF. Use anything around 60
pF, TX doorknob.

This will get you mostly there.

73, Guy K2AV.