Re: [TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects

To: Don W7WLL <w7wll@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 23:53:41 -0700
Gents,

I'm not a real technical person, but have been following this thread with
interest.

I have always used insulated wire for dipoles, verticals, and now have over
10K feet of the same in my 80/160m vertical radial field. I do understand
the decrease in the VF, but in the end, does all this effect HF, RF
radiation?

I am also using some old bare tarnished copper wire in my radial field. It
is not pitted or corroded, just tarnished.

Please, your thoughts, and what to do about it, if anything. I run abt 1200
- 1300 watts and get out very well, in my mind.

Just wondering...

Ray,
N6VR
near Prescott, AZ