Re: [TowerTalk] K9YC Choke Cookbook Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K9YC Choke Cookbook Question
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 12:10:09 -0700
At the time I made the original measurements my instrumentation (HP-8510) had a low frequency limit of 45 MHz and I had a space limitation. Consequently, I couldn't measure at the frequencies where ladderine is commonly used. Because of the remarkable march of technology, I now have both N2PK and DG8SAQ Vector Network Analyzers that can measure at lower frequencies with commensurate accuracy. I also discovered that I have a spool of ladderline I acquired years ago at a swap meet when I still thought using it was a good idea.

So, when I get around to it and have a balun, or two, useful at a MHz or so, I will measure this stuff. I have determined that it uses 18 AWG Copperweld but don't (and maybe never will) know how thick the copper is.

Wes, N7WS