[TowerTalk] COIL 3.22

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] COIL 3.22
From: Brian Beezley <k6sti@att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 16:46:38 -0800
Just a note that I've moved my coil inductance and Q calculator to a new home. You'll find it at the bottom of this page:

http://ham-radio.com/k6sti

Check the version number in the link. If it's new, click to download.

COIL 3.22 has a number of improvements. It features an automatic Q optimizer, handles coils made of Litz wire, provides an RLC model useful for broadband antenna analysis, lets you explore coil properties with the mouse wheel, and is even more accurate. See COILS.TXT for updated accuracy validation figures. See READ.ME to overcome some Windows quirks.

Brian

P.S. - A guy made a nifty antenna loading coil form using his 3D printer. I added PETG to the list of form materials so the program could model the loss. (It's fairly lossy, similar to nylon at HF.)