Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed afte

To: "'Mac'" <libbysales@austin.rr.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-589 rotor and coax arms and why I re-subscribed after many year hiatus
From: <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 11:03:31 -0800
Mac-

I have a UST HDX589 with a SteppIR DB42 (240 lbs., 20 sq. feet wind load) on
top turned by an M2 Orion 2800 rotor.  No problems in 5 years, with pretty good
wind gusts here in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  Not sure how much larger an
antenna than that you would be putting up there.  I did need to use Kurt K7NV's
mast clamp to prevent slipping.

I use Chris KF7P's curved standoff at the top, to avoid a right angle bend in
the cables, but they go through the factory supplied open loops the rest of the
way down.  When I lower the tower, I arrange the cables into an 8-foot wide
"figure 8 flake" laying across two lawn chairs.  No tangles, and very easy to
raise the tower with no snags.

73,
Steve
N6SJ