Re: [TowerTalk] OptiBeam OB2-40M

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OptiBeam OB2-40M
From: Ignacy Misztal <no9e@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2021 13:54:41 -0400
OB40-M weighs 35 kg (77 lb) and by specs it covers all of 40m with SWR < 2.
A shortened Moxon from JK Antennas: JK 402-Piccolo with coils weighs 88 lb
and covers only 250 KHz. A full size Moxon JK420T weighs 125 lb and covers
all of 40m. Both antennas have 100 mph ratings.
Judging by the size, OB40-M uses coils but has higher bandwidth than the
equivalent JK. Not sure why.
OB2-40m is about $2100 from DX Engineering and JK 402 Piccolo
around $1700.
Ignacy NO9E