Re: [TowerTalk] FOLLOW UP & SOLUTION ..RE Quiet 27" monitors ?????/

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FOLLOW UP & SOLUTION ..RE Quiet 27" monitors ?????/
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 12:18:20 -0500
I do not have the model number handy (shack downstairs, me upstairs in recliner with injured back) but I run a pair of 6-7 year old 27" (I think) Samsung wide monitors and love them, EXCEPT for the times when I run QRO on 40m HF which gives the capacitive on/off touch switches grief. These monitors can be turned on and off via a touch with your finger and when running a kW or a little more I find them turning on and off uncontrollably as I talk via SSB. Lower power is aok. This means I have some RF floating around in the shack but would not have guessed so as only these monitors detect my HF operating.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....