[TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils

To: Towertalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 00:13:46 -0700

If you have access to a 3D printer, or access to somebody who has a 3D printer, here is an easy way to make your own air wound coils like the old Air-Dux coils.  The video is pretty clumsy, but you should be able to get the general idea.  I recommend clicking on the gear at the lower right of the video and setting the playback speed to 2x.  I'm pretty slow if I have to think and talk at the same time.  ;)

https://youtu.be/qAgF9Mzr8XM

There is a link for the OpenSCAD (free and easy to use open source modeling software) files in the YouTube description, but here it is as well:

https://www.printables.com/model/371698-air-wound-coil-form

The coil would have looked better if I had let the superglue cure on its own.  Running water over it to speed up the cure made it sort of bubble up and trashed the appearance.

73,
Dave  AB7E