Re: [TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 20:31:04 -0700

This should definitely be feasible.  My example was really basic ... just a cylindrical hole with a rectangular slot on top of it that only infringes on about 40% of the cylindrical hole.  The remaining 10% provided the "snap".  A better approach to avoid glue would be a tighter fit with a ramped entry.  If the grips were freestanding and not slots that should work well.  Maybe I'll play with it and update the files.

And although I used four bars, I think two might be sufficient based upon the coils I've built with #14 wire.

73,
Dave   AB7E