Re: [TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils

To: Randy Lake <randyn1kwf@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DIY Air Wound Coils
From: David Gilbert <ab7echo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 11:16:57 -0700

Are you asking if my OpenSCAD code pulls variable information from Brian's excellent COIL program?  If so, the answer is that it doesn't.  You can get what you want from Brian's program and then load those numbers into the OpenSCAD files.  Somebody could probably write a script to directly pass the variables, but I don't see the point.  For one thing Brian's program assumes a coil with uniform diameter and the version of my files you are referring to results in a slightly tapered coil.

If you're simply asking how to use Brian's program,  it's just an executable file.

73,
Dave   AB7E