Re: [TowerTalk] COAX SEAL

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] COAX SEAL
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 19:54:56 -0500
And for the 3rd lay add a layer of Scotch 33 or anything that won't start flagging or decomposing.

-Steve K8LX

On 03/09/24 7:51 PM, Steve Maki wrote:
Gary,

Thanks, I was debating whether to start from scratch again with a post; whew.

I'll just add that a two layer system can work, IF the stretchy weatherproofing layer is not the type that gums up the works (the connector) such as butyl rubber or coax seal. Use a silicone tape 1st layer with almost any type of good UV protection on top.

 If you insist on using the gummy sticky stuff, use it in a three layer system with a 1st layer of courtesy wrap made of almost anything. The gummy sticky stuff should extend well past the end of the courtesy wrap so that that it bonds to the coax. Commercial weatherproofing is almost always three layer.

-Steve K8LX