RE: [VHFcontesting] The Rover Resource Page updated!

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [VHFcontesting] The Rover Resource Page updated!
From: "Mike Clarson" <mclarson@rcc.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:48:41 -0400
Art: I'm with you.  I don't see how using HF to coordinate contacts (even if
a digital mode) is any different than using 2 meters to coordinate microwave
contacts or running the bands when a new one is worked. Also, an HF radio is
something that works well from a mobile. I'd bet that most of the microwave
DX records were coordinated contacts and not chance responses to CQs. In my
opinion, the way things are going activity wise on VHF, I'd be in favor of
anything that increases activity, even the telephone!--Mike, WV2ZOW