Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?
From: Richard Clem <clem.law@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:09:49 -0500
hwardsil@centurytel.net wrote:

You can go to the Web site and download the line scores in EXACTLY the same
format in which they have always been printed. Here, click on this and see
for yourself: http://www.arrl.org/contests/results/2003/SeptVHF.pdf. Go
on, I'll wait...

Thanks for waiting.  I, for one, did not know that the line scores were there.
 I had assumed (as I'm guessing others have) that the scores were reported
only in the searchable database.  It is nice to see them compiled officially
like this.

I do have a suggestion:  On the ARRL web page, these are listed as "QST
Results" or something like that.  I've never bothered clicking on it, because
I assumed that it was just a copy of the QST article.  I think the league
should get the word out that the line scores are available, just like in the
good old days.  I was mistaken about this, and I bet others are as well.

73,
W0IS (who just saw his call in "print")