Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m yagi on 432

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 2m yagi on 432
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:09:51 -0700
On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 01:55:29PM -0500, John  Geiger (NE0P) wrote:

> I have a Cushcraft 10 element 2m Yagi (a148-10S) which I have tried to use on
> 70cm.  It shows a good SWR-1.5:1 or so, and hears a little, as I did hear the
> beacon from Oscar 29 on it this morning.  Does anyone have an idea as to how
> well it will actually radiate on 70cm, and what the pattern will be like?
> Currently don't have a 70cm yagi up, but this seems like it might work for
> limited terresterial and satellite use.

This is a new twist on using your 40 meter dipole on 15 meters.

A dipole doing this will have lobes off the ends - so you might find
the best direction is "off the side" of the beam.  Maybe the elements
will distort it into some kind of clover leaf pattern.  I would not
expect the normal forward direction to be the best.

Tree N6TR