[VHFcontesting] VHF contesting ethics questions

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] VHF contesting ethics questions
From: kb8u vhf <kb8u_vhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:03:54 +0000
Do people think it is ethical to use the internet to get National Weather
Service
radar images to assist in knowing where to point a 10 GHz dish for rain-scatter
propagation during contests when all other aspects of the contact are
facilitated
over the air?  Exclude the 10 GHz and up contest since the rules for that one
say
anything goes.

How about use of the real-time propagtion map at
http://www.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/ham/aprs/path.cgi?map=na ?

Neither give the callsign or frequency of anybody you could work so I'm OK
with them but I'll stop if I'm in the minority.

-Russ  KB8U