Re: [VHFcontesting] Category alignment [was: one stop (pass) grids]

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Category alignment [was: one stop (pass) grids]
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:35:09 -0600
If a Rover operates from a rare grid square on Saturday and conditions are
dismal and I can't hear him or get his attention, we miss out. If he passes
through the same grid on Sunday and conditions have picked up, right now I
can work him during the better conditions. Under the proposed rule, both of
us miss out.

This has actualy happened to me several times by the way; I've managed QSO's
with a Rover on a later pass through a grid that weren't possible earlier.

73, Zack W9SZ