Re: [VHFcontesting] assisted class

To: VHF Contesting email <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] assisted class
From: James French <w8iss@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 21:38:44 -0400
Just as a food for thought here, would ASSISTING another station that
you here by telling them that they are being called by a station they
don't hear, but you do, is that ASSISTED? If so, I am guilty of all
charges!!!

I have a number of times let another station know that there is a rover
or another station out there and tried to help by letting them know that
they are being called or by just letting them know that they need to
point their antennas in such and such direction on that frequency to
make that contact and to listen as I vacate the frequency to them and
go hunt and pounce or call CQ!

Do any of you do that to make the contest a little more lively and
competitive?

James W8ISS