Re: [VHFcontesting] 70cm limits in Arizona

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 70cm limits in Arizona
From: James French <w8iss@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:20:36 -0500
On Sunday 24 January 2010 11:24:44 Jim N7TCF wrote:
> I remember an FCC rule limiting power on 432 to 50 watts for Arizona.
> I've done some casual searching but haven't found a clear definition.
> Can someone cite the rule and an explanation?
>
> 50 watts input or ERP?
>
> Jim N7TCF
Here's a link to the ARRL interpretation of those rules:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/d-301.html#303a

I don't remember anything about 70cm being limited in Arizona off hand. I know
that Florida has limits of power and about Line A along the Canadian/US border
which I live in since 1996...:(

James W8ISS