Re: [VHFcontesting] Most wanted grids

To: Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Most wanted grids
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:37:32 -0500
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Paul Decker <kg7hf@comcast.net> wrote:
> It is a great idea.

> Instead of purging, simply keep a "Most Recently Requested" list, never
> remove an entry, but have a voting scheme for the most wanted.

Mike asks

How can you have a voting scheme if you are keeping old data?  Without
some type of a time stamp filter wouldn't that sway the results?  And
if you are going to filter the data with a time stamp wouldn't an
automatic purge of entries after a certain time period be equally as
beneficial?   I'm asking because I am not a database person, much
beyond html & css I'm pretty useless anymore.

I'm sure that EL84 just dropped significantly and would not change if
those who had requested it didn't remove their request.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

"Washington - Read the constitution ... not my emails"

PIO - D14 S/E - http://harriscountyares.org
APIC - D1 & D14 - http://www.arrlstx.org

Life is hard, church shouldn't be!
http://fairmontpark.org