Re: [VHFcontesting] Announcements and VHF contesting....

To: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Announcements and VHF contesting....
From: Keith Morehouse <w9rm@calmesapartners.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:38:52 -0500
Allowing such a thing for digital operation is fine and in line with
what CQ allows in their VHF test.  Personally, I would take this one
step FURTHER and allow ANNOUNCEMENTS for any band or mode at any time,
for any class of entry.  For example:

(announce) W9RM DM58 144.210 CQ CW EAST

The idea is to get the activity level up and for the vast number of
non-serious contesters, knowing someone was there and trying to work
guys could do it.  Sure, in the beginning, the chats might be clogged
to overflow with these messages, but, in the long term, I believe only
those who are successful in working people after one of these
ANNONCEMENTS would persist in doing it.

Jay W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner