Re: [VHFcontesting] Announcements and VHF contesting....

To: Lew Sayre <lew@dsl-only.net>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Announcements and VHF contesting....
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <mike@ka5cvh.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 09:41:39 -0500
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Lew Sayre <lew@dsl-only.net> wrote:

> George is spot on. I don't live in the NE corridor and I would appreciate
> an assistance-free category to do radio contesting in the VHF and up bands.

Mike wrote

I like the idea of using technology that is already developed, and
doesn't require an investment in equipment on my part.

So where does that leave us.  Twitter.   It is a very low drag but
effective technology.   Once I get to a grid I merely "tweet"

EM10 KA5CVH 50.125 / 144.250 / 432.150

I choose that order because it shows the grid first then the call and
frequencies that you are on.  And you can repeat this every hour or so
if you are not making many Q's.

Heck, I may just reactivate my twitter account.

Now some will complain that have to get a twitter account.   Well I
don't want to have to buy and build out an APRS station.

If you don't have a phone that will do texts, they are cheap, UPGRADE.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Obama, its "We The People", not you the president.

APIC - D1 & D14 - http://www.arrlstx.org
PIO - D14 S/E - http://harriscountyares.org
BayCERT - http://www.baycert.org/

Life is hard, church shouldn't be!