Re: [VHFcontesting] Any other rovers running MSK144

To: n12614@aol.com, mark@alignedsolutions.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Any other rovers running MSK144
From: Sean Waite <waisean@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 22:15:34 +0000
Color me also interested. My big hangup at the moment is power. I don't
have 110VAC in the rover and even with an inverter, the laptop power draw
and the 100% duty cycle of these modes is going to suck batteries. One
thing we considered is possibly only running MSK144 at night once we're at
our sleeping destination, we can pick a campground or something with street
power. I'm not sure if this is legal under the rover rules, though.

Sean WA1TE