Re: [VHFcontesting] The digital modes and the Sept contest....

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The digital modes and the Sept contest....
From: Bob K0NR - email list <list@k0nr.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 12:51:58 -0600
Agreed.
I do wonder if this is a temporary phenomenon of people trying a new thing or is it permanent?
73 Bob K0NR

On 12-Sep-17 11:34 AM, jon jones wrote:
Mike has a good point. Many ops now seem to focus solely on digital and the
result is there now no one around to work CW/SSB, particularly on 6 meters.
This is true in and outside the VHF contest. Saturday afternoon of the contest
there were numerous ops in the Midwest using FT8 on 6 for local contacts on 6
that would have been easy on CW/SSB. Their tones were audible on 50.313.

  On 2 meters still quite a bit of SSB/CW in this area for tropo, along with
MSK144 for meteor scatter and JT65b for EME.

  - Jon N0JK

I think for me what "stinks" about the digital modes for me are a
large number of operators are running over to the digital modes and no
longer interested in working CW or phone, leaving us poor schmucks who
aren't "smitten" with the digital bug left out.

--
Mike Urich KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com

Bob Witte K0NR