[VHFcontesting] 500W SSPA's available.

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com, NEWSVHF@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 500W SSPA's available.
From: Terry Price <terry@directivesystems.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:08:28 -0400
Hi all,

I will have some VERY nice 2m 500w SSPA's available soon. These are some
commercial amps in 5 1/4" rack mount enclosures.

They will be delivered ready to go for amateur use. Relays will be
installed, a W6PQL low pass filter, bar graph power indicator and amplifier
controller. A switched and sequenced 24V output for a remote LNA will be
available also. Female N connectors for input and output and an RCA for
PTT. Anderson powerpoles will be used for the DC input. There are a couple
of cooling fans that will be controlled by the W6PQL controller.

The amps use MRF151G's like the Larcan amps but only a pair. They require
less than 20w of drive for 500 watts output. 50V at about 20A is required
and I will have some nice power supplies available with them. If you have
less than 15w of drive, an internal driver can be enabled.

Once again, these will be turn key, no mods or alterations needed, just
connect an antenna and radio and they are ready to go.

They will probably be in the $800 class with a power supply, which is quite
a bargain considering what all you are getting.

If you might be interested in one, please let me know at
terry@directivesystems.com. I can send you a pix of one.

73,

Terry - W8ZN