[VHFcontesting] FT4

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, "WesternCanadaWeakSignal@groups.io" <WesternCanadaWeakSignal@groups.io>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FT4
From: Mark Spencer <mark@alignedsolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 10:24:23 -0700
Hi I am curious to hear from anyone who used FT4 during the CQ VHF contest.   I
don't recall seeing any activity on the 50 MHz FT4 frequency on my band scope
when I was in CO80 on Saturday, but I may have missed some activity.  I did
manage to detect SSB activity on various odd frequencies such as 50.150 and
worked stations so I believe I was keeping a reasonable eye on things (:

I sort of enjoyed watching the band scope and changing frequencies from time to
time but it got rather hot inside the truck in the sun despite the cool outside
temperatures (below 20 degrees C) but air conditioning helped at times at the
expense of a somewhat higher noise floor.

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark@alignedsolutions.com