Re: [VHFcontesting] FT4

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] FT4
From: Arliss <w7xu@w7xu.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 23:48:35 -0500
I operated part-time during the CQ contest and found conditions to be reasonably good on 6m at the start of the contest. The mode distribution for my 6m QSOs was:

SSB --- 135 QSOs
CW  ---   6
MSK144 - 13
FT8 ---  71
FT4 ---  19

My MSK144 total would no doubt have been better if I had gotten up early Sunday morning. FT4 was good while it lasted, but after an initial flurry of QSOs, I moved to FT8 due to lack of ongoing activity on FT4.

73, Arliss  W7XU
    EN13 South Dakota