Re: [VHFcontesting] Solving FT8

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Solving FT8
From: N2WM Walt <n2wm@centurylink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 09:31:18 -0500
  I have been doing VHF Contests since 1970 and I agree with Jeff AA6XA about too many Categores and Herb that the FT-8 issue needs action not words.

Most stations I work either from home or a Hilltop are easily worked on SSB and digital modes not needed. Also on my last hilltop operation there was no way to coordinate multiband contacts using digital. Several stations that were on the lower 4 were not worked on all 4 bands because we could not say"any other bands" on SSB.

Lets give up on everyone wins and just have the fun and challenge of operating our stations to the best degree possible.

Walt  N2WM  Fn21OC

Trustee of W2LV FN21OE.

-- Jeff aa6xa