Re: [VHFcontesting] Solving FT8

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Solving FT8
From: Peter Laws <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 15:48:39 -0600
On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 3:23 PM Gregory Winters
<greg_winters@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I do not support eliminating FT8 or moving to an all digital contest. Its not
> a problem to solve--because it is NOT a problem. What is happening is what
> was always going to happen. There will be new kings and new compeititors over
> time, and by rights there should be.
>
> We must be careful, since the slippery slope won't end to make everyone happy.

FT8 split the RTTY list (which has been around since steam days) into
two. The original list is dead and "rtty-digital" is not much better.
Hint - more channels doesn't mean more good content.  You'd have
thought we'd learned that from Cable TV, but alas ...

Can't for the life of me figure out what's up with some people. You
want to do FT8? Great! Have fun!  It's run my WAS totals up,
certainly.  And my VUCC totals.  Don't want to do FT8? Great!  Don't
do it. Plenty (and I mean *plenty* of other ways to wiggle the
electrons.

I swear that some hams won't be happy until everyone is forced to run spark.