Re: [VHFcontesting] Portable FT8 Was: FT8?- tarnation!

To: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Portable FT8 Was: FT8?- tarnation!
From: alex@kr1st.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 11:00:28 -0500
Hi Zack,

I'd be interested in those suggestions as well because I'm on a similar quest, but for a IC-705. So far it seems to me that something like a surface type tablet is the best option. It will run all day on it's own battery, but that may not be sufficient for your needs. I'm thinking in terms of SOTA or POTA operations. There are the GPD micro computers, but they don't come with a 10" display, which is what I'd prefer.

73,
--Alex KR1ST