[WriteLog] CW w/WrightLog......no joy

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW w/WrightLog......no joy
From: rbrann@midcoast.com (Raymond W. Brann)
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 16:03:45 -0500
Hi, I'm still having a devil of a time getting WrightLog to send
CW.

My rig (746) will "key-up" but doesn't transmit anything.

I've hooked up the Icom CT-17 exactly as suggested in the
accompanying brochure.

I've set up WrightLog using General DXCC.

Under Setup/Ports I've checked all the following
CW:Comm1
Rig:Com1
Rig Type: Icom746
Baud Rate:Auto
Poll:Checked(Yes)
Comm PTT:Yes

On the "What's Connected Window" I've hit CW PTT and
checked "Command rig on Comm Port."

Ok, all that done and back out.

Now I hit "Alt K" and CW window pops up.
I type in window and rig keys up but no transmit...no joy.

Same deal with SSB.
I recorded a "wav" file, reset above values to transmit the wave
file..............same bloody deal. Rig keys up........no transmit, but
file does play thru my computer speaker while doing this.

This is all getting fairly monotonous.

I don't for a second think it's a failure of the WrightLog program,
and that only leaves...............me.

What the heck am I missing?
Thanks for any info.
Ray