[WriteLog] What Have I missed/the best is here

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] What Have I missed/the best is here
From: gbright@bellsouth.net (Grant Bright, Ph.D.)
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 23:59:51 -0400
Dave, Allen,

I am a new user too, and I confess I love rtty but I am also
use WL for SSB when the Telnet spots show a good one. I
worked S. Korea the other afternoon, Kuwait tonight and
would have missed them had it not been for all the
capability in WL, beam heading, country, band scope, etc.
instantly available when I typed in his call sign. Come to
think of it, S. Korea was on CW. But nonetheless, I think
this is a great group of hams, very technically
knowledgeable in rf, software, computers, and our favorite
subject WL.

I originally bought WL for contesting but am finding that
when I used another program, I miss the features in WL. So I
am actually starting to use it as a daily driver.

Being new to contesting after all these years, first
licensed in 1963, I am a junior member here. I think you
will come to know and like the contributions of the senior
members, whether they are rtty, cw or ssb fans.

And if I had scored a couple of hundred thousand points in
the last contest, you'd see my summary score here. It is
bragging sorta, but it is interesting to be able to see who
worked how many on which bands, etc. So I see it more as
sharing useful information.

That's my point of view, your mileage may vary, ........ and
your take off distance, altitude and airspeed may vary
according to your density altitude (pilots'
expression)...hihi

73s,
Grant
W4OJC