[WriteLog] W5XD+ keyer in other loggers?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD+ keyer in other loggers?
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 22:59:47 -0600
--=====================_382751006==_.ALT

At 22:31 11/6/2001, George Skoubis wrote:
>Clive (and anyone else bemoaning the lack of their favorite contest module),
>
>   I don't mean to be a smart-alec, but if you have the ability to compile
>the keyer drivers in C++ why don't you develop the contest modules for the
>contests you wish to operate?

I have started to play with this myself. There may be several reasons for
this. One is that there seems to be a limit to what you can do with the
Wizard. The other is a distinct lack of documentation about how to do it.
The example is nice but it dose not answer everything. I don't know if that
would be easily written or not but it si a bit overwhelming starting this
thing and trying to learn VC++ at the same time!

ONE HUGE HELP would be access to the SOURCE CODE of ALL or MOST of the
modules. That would get one going in a hurry and allow you to customize. I
realize the writers may not want this but there may be those that would
permit it.

I certainly would allow mine if I ever get one going. We are not making
anything on these so that is not a reason to hold back.

Besides, so far most of what I want is supported. :-)

>   I promised my xyl no extra programming until I get my programming degree
>(I'm already working full-time as a programmer and we have two young
>children), but I plan on writing modules for contests I'm interested  in
>after I graduate...
>
>   I've seen a few guys post their modules on the reflector, I'm sure you
>could get a little help if you hit a stumbling block...
>
>Good luck with whichever route you decide to take,
>
>George / KF9YR

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_382751006==_.ALT

At 22:31 11/6/2001, George Skoubis wrote:<br>
the lack of their favorite contest module),<br><br>
&nbsp; I don't mean to be a smart-alec, but if you have the ability to
compile<br>
the keyer drivers in C++ why don't you develop the contest modules for
the<br>
I have started to play with this myself. There may be several reasons for
this. One is that there seems to be a limit to what you can do with the
Wizard. The other is a distinct lack of documentation about how to do it.
The example is nice but it dose not answer everything. I don't know if
that would be easily written or not but it si a bit overwhelming starting
this thing and trying to learn VC++ at the same time!<br><br>
ONE HUGE HELP would be access to the SOURCE CODE of ALL or MOST of the
modules. That would get one going in a hurry and allow you to customize.
I realize the writers may not want this but there may be those that would
permit it.<br><br>
I certainly would allow mine if I ever get one going. We are not making
anything on these so that is not a reason to hold back.<br><br>
Besides, so far most of what I want is supported. :-)<br><br>
programming until I get my programming degree<br>
(I'm already working full-time as a programmer and we have two
young<br>
children), but I plan on writing modules for contests I'm
interested&nbsp; in<br>
after I graduate...<br><br>
&nbsp; I've seen a few guys post their modules on the reflector, I'm sure
you<br>
could get a little help if you hit a stumbling block...<br><br>
Good luck with whichever route you decide to take,<br><br>
George / KF9YR<br><br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: writelog-admin@contesting.com<br>
[<a href="mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com";