[WriteLog] WL Compatibility

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL Compatibility
From: gbaron@home.com (Gil Baron)
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2001 10:24:43 -0600
--=====================_510244653==_.ALT

At 14:24 11/8/2001, Clive Whelan wrote:
>  K0PC Pat Cain wrote:
> > I'm not sure about your PCI I/O card. Generally, if you can
> > see the com
> > port in Windows you can use it in WriteLog.
> >

>Unfortunately, as I have just discovered PCI i/o cards, only
>permit COM5 up, and WL only permits COM4 down, seems like a non
>starter?

This is too bad and could use a change in WriteLog. HOWEVER, there is a
line in the ini file that you can set to say Com 5 is Com 1 etc. I don't
remember the exact wording, but you cna do it so those cards WILL work. It
is also a windows problem. In WIN2000 they give it the correct numbers.

>73
>

>Clive
>GW3NJW
>gw3njw@gw7x.org
>Contest Cambria-http://www.gw7x.org

Gil Baron http://members.home.com/gbaron
W0MN 44.08208 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Baila como nadie te ve"

--=====================_510244653==_.ALT

At 14:24 11/8/2001, Clive Whelan wrote:<br>
&gt; I'm not sure about your PCI I/O card. Generally, if you can<br>
&gt; see the com <br>
&gt; port in Windows you can use it in WriteLog.<br>
&gt;<br><br>
Unfortunately, as I have just discovered PCI i/o cards, only <br>
permit COM5 up, and WL only permits COM4 down, seems like a non <br>
starter?<br>
This is too bad and could use a change in WriteLog. HOWEVER, there is a
line in the ini file that you can set to say Com 5 is Com 1 etc. I don't
remember the exact wording, but you cna do it so those cards WILL work.
It is also a windows problem. In WIN2000 they give it the correct
numbers.<br><br>
Clive<br>
GW3NJW<br>
gw3njw@gw7x.org<br>