[WriteLog] MMTTY 1.63 Problem Summary

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MMTTY 1.63 Problem Summary
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 21:46:11 -0600
I received quite a few responses on this one.  Seemed a lot of people
had the same problem.  The post from Bill, W9OL, showed he had the
problem with MMTTY 1.63 stand alone.  Everyone that replied was
running MMTTY 1.63.

I also received this directly from Hisama, 7L1IOU, who gave me permission
to post to the reflector:

> Hi Don and John
>
> I also had the same problem.
>
> I prepared for roundup, exchanged new sound card
> and upgraded to MMTTY163.
>
> I think that MMTTY163 is the cause.
>
> It happened similarly not only by Writelog SO2R
> but by RTCL(by JK1IQK).
>
> by resource meter of Win2k, CPU load pointed to 100%
> in between key up.
>
> The solution was restoring to MMTTY162 and
> sound card which verified.
> Watching CPU meter,
> the MMTTY parameter was changed and load was lowered.
> It returned to SO2R after adjustment.
>
> PC is a AT cloen PII 260MHz,  Windows 2000, 128MB Mem
>
> 73, Hisami 7L4IOU

So it appears to be a problem with MMTTY version 1.63.  Although I've
had reports that 1.63 copied much better than 1.62, I didn't see it.
Personally,
I thought it was about the same.  I can only notice by how it compares with
the DXP-38 which runs in a separate RTTY window on both computers.
MMTTY ran slightly better as usual, but on occasion, the DXP-38 copied
better (that's the reason we do dual receive, right?).

I plan on going back to 1.62, but I'm not sure what all that entails.  I don't
know if you can simply re-install 1.62.  I'll ask Hisami how he did it.

I will reply directly back to all that replied, but it may take some time.  Some
of you asked other questions that I would like to comment on.

Was a hell of a contest, eh?  Ever seen 80M that good for a RTTY contest???

73, Don AA5AU

http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog