[WriteLog] Hum progblems...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Hum progblems...
From: garry@ni6t.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Sat Feb 1 18:23:02 2003
Since my previous posting, asking about PTT, I did an on-the-air sound check
and learned that, with my amplifier on---even in standby--I have excessive
hum on my signal. The reports indicate less hum with the amplifier off, but
I can hear it in the monitor with the amp in standby. So I will have to run
Sprint without any sound buffers.

I have the Rigblaster mounted on the left side of the MP and the amplifier
is immediately adjacent. Disconnecting the mic from the soundcard changes
nothing and disconnecting the Rigblaster kills the hum---I must be getting
pickup from the amplifier's power transformer directly into the Rigblaster.

Not a Writelog problem---so I will take  my problem off the reflector.

Garry, NI6T

160 meters---not a band but an obsession