Re: [WriteLog] Friend ini

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Friend ini
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:06:05 +0000
Don Winn wrote:
> This a problem between Writelog and Windows 98. WIN 2K works fine.
> Wayne has put the fix on his list of fixes but since he believes so few are
> using WIN98, it is not very high on the list.
> Perhaps if enough people are having a problem, Wayne will move it up in
> priority.  I > believe there are a large number of Hams still running WIN98.
-------------------------
I run Win98, and am not about to change. But as for a "fix", it's not
exactly rocket science to do a search for the call in the field. I can
do this with 4
lines of code on a file infinitely large. The FCC database currently
has 717,940 calls in it, including canceled and terminated calls. It
took those 4 lines of code exactly 2 seconds to find the last call.
Considering the friend.ini file has about 12,000 calls,
a proper search engine will find the last call in .03 seconds.

The problem is not with Win98, it's with WriteLog, and needs to be
fixed.

73
Ed