Re: [WriteLog] Problems with two sound cards and MMTTY plug-in

To: "WriteLog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Problems with two sound cards and MMTTY plug-in
From: "Chuck Fullgraf" <cfullgraf@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:03:10 -0500
The second RTTYrite window along with the second MMTTY tuning display stay
open after starting it.

When switching TNCs in RTTYrite from Stereo FSK to MMTTY, I get the "This
program has a fatal error..." type message and the window closes. When I
open it again it works fine. This happens when switching with each window
when switching them over to MMTTY.

As I interrupt WA9ALS' advice, I leave the configuration of WriteLog so that
it does not open RTTY on start-up. Then start each RTTY window and adjust
the settings as required. Note, sometimes the second window opens on top of
the first and they have to be moved apart.

When I used the two soundcard set-up during the RTTY Round-up, I left the
computer running when I was not at the radio just to avoid the start-up
inconveniences.

Something else I just discovered, I re-set the RTTYrite TNC to Stereo FSK on
both RTTYrite windows and the program was using the second soundcard that it
could not open as soundcard (0).

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Chuck, KE4OAR