Re: [WriteLog] Setting number of Search and Pounce memories

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Setting number of Search and Pounce memories
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 21:19:26 -0600
The only argument I can suggest for different Run and S&P macros is the
exchange macro.  You basically on need the report info - no
callsigns.  I can always tell when I work a RTTY guy during a CW contest
because his S&P message will be "AA5AU 5NN TT1".

This is basically for RTTY, but can be adapted for CW.

IF you call a station and he comes back with your call correctly, you would
send your S&P exchange which includes ONLY "599 001 001
" OR "599 1 1 ".  That's all that is needed.  You don't have to send your call
- he already has it correctly.  You don't need to
send his call - he already knows it.

IF you don't see your call correctly in the RUN station's report because you
think it took a hit, you could use your standard RUN
report OR use yet another macro that goes "599 001 001 DE (optional) AA5AU".

IF you believe the RUN station has your call incorrect, then don't send a
report.  Instead, just call him again OR send something
like "MY CALL IS AA5AU AA5AU QSL?".  It's much better to make sure the RUN
stations KNOWS your CORRECT call BEFORE making any
exchanges.  Trying to get a RUN station to change the call after the QSO is
asking for trouble because others will be calling and it
could take several minutes to get it corrected.

I use F3 for my RUN report and F9 for my S&P report.  And in WriteLog, I
program one of the mouse buttons in the Entry window with
my S&P exchange message.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com