Re: [WriteLog] New CQ WW rule on lockout

To: Mike Heideman <mike_heideman@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] New CQ WW rule on lockout
From: WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 08:37:22 -0700
The only method of actual implementation of the 100% lockout is to use an
old time octopus. No other method has only one signal on the air with the
exception of RTTY on one computer with the setup Ed put out of first one
wins.  There are TWO signals on the air using last one wins, and that is a
violation, allbeit in RTTY not a significant amount of time.  But it pretty
much begs the question. One signal is exactly that one signal not one signal
except for the first 40 Ms or whatever.

You use logical hardware circuits with gates that control the push-to-talk
lines.  This is 100% the method used by everyone before the 10 minutes rule
for M/S was implemented.  SSB and CW had the 10 minute rule sooner than RTTY
did.

Far easier to build a fairly simple hardware device than to try and get
software to do a job that it is difficult to do.  The more computers that
are networked the more chances that there are larger and larger overlaps.

Jay WS7I