Re: [WriteLog] 11.01F Oddness

To: Eric Rosenberg <ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com>, Writelog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>, support@writelog.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 11.01F Oddness
From: Gordon LaPoint <gordon.lapoint@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 07:47:24 -0500
RF getting in the rig serial control line and getting bad frequency data into
the
computer.   When I added shielding to the serial (CI/V for Icom) line the
problem went
away.  I had lots of RF in the shack at high power (500 watts) during RTTY
contests.  I
have since reduced the rf problem in the shack, (by moving antennas, getting
better SWR
by tuning antennas, etc.)  and the problem has not occurred for some time now.
The problem was not as noticable on CW or SSB as on RTTY, probably because rtty
has a
higher duty cycle.

In my experience with this problem it is caused by rf on the CPU to radio
control line
and/or RF getting into the computer.

Gordon - N1MGO