Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo File & Unclaimed QSO

To: "'Gary AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Cabrillo File & Unclaimed QSO
From: "Robert W5AJ" <woodr90@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 18:13:42 -0500
Understand, that fits for that example

way I understand "X-"

a X-QSO in the cabrillo file won't count toward your score (ding or add) BUT if
the other guy does submit a log, he doesn't get NIL
The log checker can determine what happens in other log's score and key point,
the checker has the data from your log to go by
seems the way to go

NIL is a powerful thing, if the judge holds both logs and there is no QSO in
one - in the past NIL, suspect same now.
Did a study on NIL - wrote operators that showed as NIL, this with recording at
my station and I could listen to the QSO.  The largest percent of those that
replied indicated my call was not in master data base and they changed it to
another similar call in the super check partial or deleted the QSO because they
thought it was this other callsign that was in the master database.  Those were
honest enough to state that however it cost them one Q to do that, but the
other guy's score suffered lots more if it was unique multi
One station indicated network problems, and several didn't reply

the checker could listen to the SDR recordings but they are volunteers, time is
limited, make it easier on them, X-

in AL9A's example most likely guy isn't submitting a log BUT there are valid
examples the X- in cabrillo is needed

73 Robert W5AJ