[Yaesu] FT990 display

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT990 display
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 14:22:26 +0000
Now having a new MkV I realize how dim the display is on my old FT990. Is
there a way to increase display brightness on that old machine?
Is it doomed to eventually fade out completely or is it just by comparison
it looks dim?

I have not had the 990 since it was new, so I can't really tell if it
slowly fades out or if it's always been like this. I understand the
principal difference between the MP display and the 990, but I wouldn'd
mind the 990 to "shine" a bit more.. it's too good a radio to throw on the
junkpile just yet..

:-)

73/Peter SM2CEW