Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D

To: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>,"John Muzyka" <g4rcg@yahoo.co.uk>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT1000D
From: "Mike Schatzberg" <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:54:02 -0400
Hello Yaesu Fans:

Unfortunately, Sherwood Engineering hasn't tested an upgraded FT 1000D with
the roofing filter.  But it is interesting to note that the unmodified
radios, Mark V and 1000D,  had the same dynamic range at 2 kHz spacing.  I
would suspect that the modified 1000D, following the new roofing filter mod,
would have about 77 dB narrow spaced dynamic range.  This would again make
it equal to the modified Mark V.

Just a little data for the discussion.

73 and Happy DXing,

Mike
W2AJI

      Device
      Under Test Noise
      Floor
      (dBm) AGC
      Thrshld
      (uV)
      dB 100kHz
      Blocking
      (dB)
      Sensitivity
      (uV) LO Noise
      Spacing
      (dBc)
      kHz Front End
      Selectivity Filter
      Ultimate
      (dB) Dynamic Range
      Wide Spaced
      (dB)
      kHz Dynamic Range
      Narrow Spaced
      (dB)
      kHz

      Added 10/3/04
      Yaesu
      FT-1000 D -128b1 6.0b1 3 >131 0.3b1 121 10 B 0.5 Octave 90f 90 20 69 2

      Added 10/3/04
      Yaesu FT-1000
      MP MKV Field -133b 3.0b 3 135 0.2b 128 10 B 0.5 Octave 90f 88 20 69 2

      Updated 4/16/06
      Yaesu FT-1000
      MP MKV Field
      Inrad roofing filter mod -133b 3.0b 3 135 0.2b 128 10 B 0.5 Octave 90f
91 20 77k 2

      Added 10/3/04
      Yaesu
      FT-1000 MP -125
      -134b 3.8
      1.1b 3 >135 0.48
      0.18b 128 10 B 0.5 Octave 90f 97 20 68 2