[Yaesu] Anyone using MK-V with Alpha 89?

To: <Yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] Anyone using MK-V with Alpha 89?
From: "Robert Pack" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 22:12:02 -0500
I am having issues......not sure at this point if it is a radio or amp issue
but tomorrow I plan to connect this particular Alpha 89 to a different radio
(990 or 1000D).

The radio mic gain seems to be ultra sensitive.  At the 9 o'clock position the
alc is just above the alc scale....move it just a hair down and there is
practically no alc deflection.  I have worked with compression as well and
cannot seem to find a happy medium.

The main problem is that when the alc is higher the amp is faulting (Alpha amps
will fault into standby for several reasons).  It seems to fault on certain
voice peaks.  I do not have alc from the radio connected to the amp....tried it
and nothing good came from it.

I do not know if this is a radio issue or an amp issue but just thought I would
ask here in the event anyone else has had this problem with this particular
combination.  Once I use a different radio tomorrow I should be able to rule
out one or the other.

Any input is appreciated.

73,
Bob NX5M