[3830] W0AH Multi- 160M Test

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W0AH Multi- 160M Test
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 20:46:25 EST
W0AH    752 Q's     2169 pt's     56 State/VE      34 DX
    SCORE:  195,210

This was an old fart, limited multiop, in the sense that one old operator had
limited 160M experience and the other old one had limited energy which was
mostly devoted elsewhere.
     W0ETT, an excellent VHF contester and CW op, operated the first night.
W0AH slept in and ran an 8 mile foot race Saturday morning and then was too
tired to stay up Saturday night.  EU DX conditions seemed poor-average with
Europe just barely putting a signal into central Colorado.  Ken, W0ETT,
followed the cheif op's instructions and ran stations the first night working
almost 500.  Doug, W0AH, relieved him a few times early evning and made some
DX contacts.  Ken obviously got the hang of working JA's, putting 10 in the
log plus VK6VZ and other things Ken didn't think you could work on 160!
Thanks Ken.  Hope you return.
   Doug couldn't stay focused Saturday night calling CQ, so he mostly chased
DX, hurting our Q total, then went to bed when the EU window closed.  Doug
worked 18 Europeans and WAC the second night including 23 more JA's Sunday
morning.   Stations YS1X, V73GT, CT3FN, C31LJ, and CE8ABF brought the W0AH
DXCC total up to about 118, including 95 since September 1 when the new 90'
shunt fed, top loaded vertical was put into service.  We had a single 700' NE
beverage for Europe and ran about 1200 watts from a Titan driven by a FT-1000.
The contest was great fun for both of us and the the best W0AH relative
showing for multipliers if not Q's. Where was VT?  Thanks to everyone who
called us, to the 99.9% who didn't call CQ in the DX window, and to the good
ears so many had in pulling out our signal.
Doug  W0AH  Woodland Park  CO