[3830] ARRL June VHF WF7T SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brad.wf7t@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WF7T SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 04:14:38 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  142    75  Total Score = 10,725

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks to everyone for the Qs. Saturday was pretty poor for me. I was
amused, however, to make a Q each on 2M and 70CM using my Arrow satellite
antenna while I was standing on the edge of my raised garden beds to get height
over the neighbors hedge. Made me wonder what I could do with a "real
antenna" on the mast for those bands.

I slept through the Sunday morning meteor scatter window (ah, sleep!) The
openings to New England were fun on Sunday, along with the brief openings to the
Midwest and Florida. Oh, and VP9I on CW...woohoo! I am not happy that I *yet
again* failed to get a decent antenna up, but I bettered my score from last year
so all's well that ends well.

Lastly, I was frustrated (and I am sure I'm not alone) by TOO MANY FT8 ops who
failed to enable NA Contest Mode in WSJT-X. Man, that sucked. I have several
ideas on how we can make the situation better, and hopefully for a better
contest in the future, but I am going to sleep on them first lest I come off
like a lid or a Luddite.

Again, thanks for your patience. Wishing all health and happiness!

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville, TN

--

IC-7600 100W for 6M